We think the anticipation of awesome things is almost (if not more!) fun than the awesome thing itself. So, why not max out that anticipation with a few little teasers along the way? We know our sticker club subscribers love surprises – and we KNOW that they love stickers. Just like stickers + mail are a drool worthy match, stickers + surprises are a close second when it comes to making us jump out of bed in the morning.
This super easy DIY will build the excitement before a birthday, holiday, or any special event. It’s all about anticipation … one day at a time.
What you’ll need:
Envelopes (you’ll need one for each day of the countdown)
Sheets of stickers
Numbered stamps or pens
Clips or clothespins
What to do:
- Cut the stickers down so they fit inside the envelopes.
- Stamp or write the number of days til the big day on the envelopes (decorating them is also encouraged!).
- Fill the envelopes with the stickers, saving the best ones for last.
- Clip the envelopes to the string in order of number, hang anywhere that the cat won’t get it (they love stickers too).
- Have the kiddos or friends open one a day at a time (we know, it’s tempting to do all at once) and enjoy the countdown!